- Transmission line
- Lightening arrestor
Six major items(component) in a power system layout
- Generator: this is the main source of supply in any power station
- Transformer: this is used in each area or geolocation to step up or step down voltages for the suitable transmission.
- Transmission line: it is the thick wire or conductor used to pass electricity from generating station to transformer for use.
- Lightening arrestors: it protect the other components from thunder strike and other relative dangers
- Insulators: it is used to cover the conductors outer body in order to prevent shock.
- Breakers: it is a component mostly found at the entrance of a building, to take electricity for consumers use.
One thought on “Identify six (6) major items (components) in a power system layout. (3 marks)”
Pingback: State eight (8) advantages of hydropower plant. (4 marks) - Emperorelectricalworks State eight (8) advantages of hydropower plant. (4 marks)