ENUMERATE 5 (FIVE) MAINTENANCE PROCESSES OF ELECTRIC KETTLE (5 marks)
- Never connect empty kettle to mains supply. Put enough water.
- At the time of repairing, disconnect it from main supply.
- When using water must not enter because short circuit, earth or leakage fault may occur.
- Avoid using broken cord or naked cord connected.
- Endeavor electric kettle is put off,
when it job is completed.
STATE THREE  PRECAUTION TO BE TAKEN WHEN REPLACING CAPACITOR IN A CIRCUIT.
- Be sure the new leads are the same length with as the old ones.
- Use a heat sink between the capacitor and the soldered joint.
- Install capacitor of the specified voltage rating or a higher voltage rating, installing a lower rating is asking for trouble.
- Make sure the new capacitors is soldered in places in the same way as the old ones when installed.
MENTION SIX  STEPS INVOLVED IN SOLDERING TECHNIQUES
- Tin the strands
- Do not put the solder directly on the soldering iron.
- Remove or withraw the solder or iron
D. List three (3) types of electric fans
- D.C table fans or ceiling fans
- A.C table fans or ceiling fans.
- D.C/ A.C table fans or ceiling fans.
MENTION FOUR (4) CAUSES THAT RENDER TRANSFORMER OIL UNSUITABLE FOR FURTHER USE [4 MARKS]
- Low electric strength – may result from many causes, the most common is foreign particles on fiber and water in combination.
- High acidity
- High sludge content
- Excessive free water content – presence of moisture can be detected with oil dryness test set.
Next topic to be discussed
DESCRIBE FOUR MAIN FEATURES OF AN OSCILLOSCOPE✓. [4 MARKS]
If you find this post helpful!😊 Share it with your pairs
One thought on “SOLVED PAST QUESTION ON EEC 226 [ ELECTRICAL MAINTENANCE AND REPAIR]”
Hi dear continue the good work