MENTION THREE (3) CHANGES THAT TAKES PLACE DURING CHARGING OF BATTERY.
- Positive plates become dark brown in colour and negative plates become grey.
- Specific gravity of sulphuric acid increased from 1.8 to 2.3V
- Voltage of each cell rises from 1.8 to 2.3V
- Energy is absorbed in the cell
- . Cell delivers gazing when the charging is completed
LIST FOUR (4) ADVANTAGES OF A TRANSFORMER. (4 MARKS)
1. It’s one of the economical devices to transmit electrical power at high voltage and current. Can also be reduced at the designed voltages when required.
2. Its efficiency is very high in comparison to other electrical machine.3. It can be operated very easily with little operation.
4. It maintenance cost is less, in comparison to other electrical machineries.
5. Number of tappings can be taken out from the secondary windings for voltage in only one transformer, which is used for transistor and low voltage appliances.
6. It can be taken from place to place very easily and it’s even used in house industry.
7. This can be designed for very high voltages, as there is much space to insulate winding.
To get more of this post click on electrical maintenance and repair at the top hand side 🖕👆