What is receptacle and Block diagram in Electrical graphics
What is receptacle in electrical graphics: Receptacle is an opening of series of opening connected to a wired power source that is supposed to power electrical components and equipment.
BLOCK DIAGRAM: Is a kind of electrical drawing that represent the principle components of a complex system in the form of block interconnected by lines that represent their relation. Block diagram is a diagram of system in which the principle parts or functions are represented by blocks connected by line that show the relationship on the blocks.
What’s relay and DPDT
(I)RELAY: A relay is an electrical operated switch. For example a 9v battery circuit connected to the coil, can switch 230v A.C mains circuit.
A Relay: is an electrical operated switch. It consists of a set of input terminals for a single or multiple control signal and a set of operating contact terminals. The switch may have any number of contact terminals. The switch may have any number of contacts in multiple forms. Such as Make contact, break contact or the combination of the two.What is Graphics symbols: A graphic symbol is a visually perceptible figure with a particular meaning used to transmit information independently of language.
(II) DPDT→ Double pole double throw. This switch can be wired upon as a reversing switch for a motor. Some DPDT have a central off position.
Give the meaning of the following
What is a TRANSFORMER
What is a TRANSFORMER
Transformer is a device that transfer electric energy from one alternating current to one or more circuit either increasing/stepping up or reducing/stepping down voltage
Give short definition of the following; resistor, transistor, capacitor, diode, wire, cell and motor
- Resistor : it is a device that obstruct the flow of electricity passing through a conductor. For example to limit a current passing through a LED, a resistor is used with capacitor in timing circuit.
- Transistor: Is a device that aids in amplifying current
- Capacitor: this are device that stores charge
- Diode: This is a sensitive electronic components which allows current to pass in only one direction. It has two lead namely cathode and anode.
- Wire: it serves as an entrance to pass electricity easily from one place to another.
- Cell: it supply electrical energy
- Motor: A transistor which convert electrical energy to kinetic energy