DEPARTMENT OF ELECTRICAL ENGINEERING
SECOND SEMESTER EXAMINATION 2016/2017 ACADEMY SESSION
COURSE TITLE: ELECTRICAL AND ELECTRONIC INSTRUMENTATION 11
COURSE CODE: EEC 216. CLASS:ND11
TIME ALLOWED: 2 HOURS.
INSTRUCTION: ANSWER QUESTION ONE AND ANY OTHER THREE
QUESTION AND ANSWER
CATHODE RAY OSCILLOSCOPE
These are familiar piece of measuring equipment, as no Tv programme with a science content is complete without the display of instantaneous voltage values on an oscilloscope. It is an indispensable instrument in any laboratory where voltage form a simple basic instrument to the sophisticated/complex programmable instrument with digital readout, are written on the oscilloscope, only the principles and main features of these instruments are introduced here.
Block Diagram Of Cathode Ray Oscilloscope Salient Features
- Cathode Ray Tube[CRT]: It displays the quantity being measured.
- Vertical Amplifier: It amplifies the signal waveform to be viewed.
- Horizontal Amplifier: It is fed with a saw tooth voltage which is then applied to the x-plates.
- Sweep Generators: This produces saw tooth voltage waveform used for horizontal deflection of the electron beam.
- Trigger Circuit: This produces trigger pulses to start horizontal sweep.
- High and low power supply.