Mathematics questions with solutions
1. A regular polygon has each of its angles as 160⁰. What is the number of sides of the polygon?
Number of sides of the polygon » n
160n » 180n-360
Collect like terms
360 » 20n
Divide both sides by 20
n » 18 (C)
2. A girl walks 30m from a point p on a bearing of 040⁰ to a point Q. She then walks 30m on a bearing of 140⁰ to a point R. The bearing of R from P is?
From the figure above, the bearing of R from P » 40⁰ + ø
Triangle PQR In isosceles,
Therefore, angle P = angle R = ø
Ø » (180-80)/2 » 50⁰
The bearing of R from P
Ø » 40⁰ + 50⁰
» 90⁰ [A]
3. How many different three digits number can be formed using the integers 1 to 6 if no integer occurs twice in a number?
4. In how many different ways can the letters of the word GEOLOGY be arranged in order?
5. A cyclist rode for 30 minutes at xkm/hr and due to a breakdown he had to push the bike for 2hrs at x-5km/hr. If the total distance covered is less than 60km, what is the range of the value of x?