- It’s renewable: it can be regain back after usage since it main source is water.
- It is clean and no pollution: among all other type of generating system the hydropower station produces no pollution whatsoever to the environment
- Flexibility: tapping is encouraged and it’s also used for bulk transmission of electricity for both large and small consumers
- It requires no fuel i.e little or no running cost as water is the main source of energy
- It serve many purposes such as control floods and use in irrigation system e.t.c
- It requires little maintenance
- Reliability: it is highly reliable and trusted kind of power system.
- It is robust and have a longer life
- Starter is not needed i.e it can be put into service instantly without not wasting time.
- It is comparatively simple in construction
- Although it need a well skilled personnel to do the work a few skilled personnel can do the work well.
- No losses are incurred when at a standstill.
- Can be stored up easily and can be used for peaks
State eight (8) advantages of hydropower (4 marks) from The polytechnic Ibadan in electrical department
SIX REQUIREMENT OF A TRANSMISSION SYSTEM
One thought on “State eight (8) advantages of hydropower plant. (4 marks)”
Pingback: List four (4) parameters that determine the performance of a transmission line. - Emperorelectricalworks